The Govt of India wants to create a network of CSCs throughout the country. They are the access points for delivery of various e-governance services to rural and remote locations and town areas where connectivity of the internet is negligible. According to the last released data in 2016 there were 1,57,000 CSCs in the country working already, and this year the government wants to set up another one Lakh such centre to improve connectivity. The upgraded version CSC 2.0 Aims to cover 2.5 Lakhs of Gram Panchayats for maximizing delivery of e-Services to the citizens.
If you are looking for good business ideas and thinking about starting a business, it’s a big opportunity, think about it. The CSCs are not just to deliver services, they are the change agents working for the promotion of Rural Entrepreneurship, skill development, digital literacy and more. In fact CSCs are going to be playing a big role in the implementation of all the important decisions taken by the govt in the future.
How CSC Works?
E-Governance Services India Limited offers various Govt services through the Digital Seva Portal. The person who can access this portal is a VLE (Village Level Entrepreneur). VLE can access a digital Seva portal various governments, banking and education, health, insurance services and more.
CSCs digital seva portal connects local population with various govt departments, banks, insurance companies and various services provided by private service sectors using CSC Centre.
Who is a VLE?
A VLE is Village Level Entrepreneur who delivers various government and non-government services to the end consumers from the CSC Center. It is the responsibility of VLE to provide a place with safety and convenience, deliver services of e-seva portal and make available kiosk banking during day time.
You don’t need any special training or any extra qualification to become VLE. Meeting the minimum criteria as mentioned below is enough:
- A valid Aadhaar card and Pan card
- CSC Centre Photos (Inside and Outside)
- A village youth above 18 years of age.
- 10th pass from recognised school board
- Basic level English Knowledge and ability to read and write the local language
- Basic computer knowledge and skill
- Motivated enough to do his duties with utmost dedication and honesty
- You don’t even have to pay anything, It is absolutely free of cost.
Function of CSCs:
The following services are provided through CSC:-
- All G2C (Government to Consumer) Communication about Health, Education, Agriculture, Human Resource Development, Employment, Fundamental Rights, Disaster Warnings, RTI, etc.
- High quality Voice, Video & Local Language Interface, including web browsing for providing information
- Multi-functional space for group interaction, entertainment, training and empowerment intended to be both educational and entertainment.
- e-Governance & e-Services – e-Krishi, Banking, Insurance, Travel, Post, e-Forms to request government services, etc.
- Kiosk – Grievances, complaints, requests and suggestions.
- Telemedicine & remote health camps have also been envisaged as part of the CSC’s extended functionalities
- Commercial Services (DTP, Printing, Internet Browsing, Village level BPO).
- Rural Banking & Insurance Services (Micro-credit, Loans, Insurance)
To read more in detail, the services offered by CSC click for the official link below
Sources DIGITAL seva portal
Infrastructure Required for Registration of CSC
Total estimated cost per CSC is around 1.25 Lac to 1.50Lac.
- One hall (not specified as per your choice)
- PC requirement- (I suggest 2 PC)
-At least 120 GB Hard Disc Drive.
-At least 512 MB RAM. (I suggest at least 4 GB)
-Licensed Windows XP-SP2 or above operating system.
- UPS with 4 hrs battery backup/Portable Genset.
- Printer/ Colour Printer.
- Web cam/digital camera.
- Internet connection with at least 128 kbps speed for browsing & data uploading over the internet.
Source CSC official Website
Earnings and Revenue Support
The Earning totally depends up to you that how you utilise your CSC centre. But,I think 20000-25000 INR is the minimum estimated earning is possible in a month from one service centre. Visit other CSC centres find out what are they trying to earn more.
The proposed revenue support provided by the government is 3000 per month. The data are taken presentation prepared by apna.csc.gov.in website of e-governance services India Ltd.
Click Here to Download and read the full PPT about CSC
How to register for CSC
1. Visit this URL http://register.csc.gov.in and Click on “Click here to apply“.
2. A New CSC Application form will appear. Enter your Aadhaar number, select the authentication type and further add the Captcha Text. Click on “Submit” button
3. Next Step is Verification of your Aadhaar card. “Generate OTP ” you will receive a message containing OTP. Put that OTP in “Enter OTP received ” box and click on “Validate OTP” button.
5. Fill the details under the tabs, Kiosk.
6. Next, Fill the Banking details.
7. Next, Upload Document. Read How to Geo tag your CSC centre photos.
8. Next, Fill the Infrastructure details.
9. Review your details and click on “Submit” button to register yourself and an application ID will be generated.
You will receive an acknowledgement email regarding successful completion of your application to your registered email address.