What basically Geo Tagging does?
Many of you may have heard about Geo Tagging. Those who don’t know about this, the answer is very simple It assigns a particular location to your Image. For example, you can take images on your vacation and add them to a map with the pinpoint where you were in the each photo. If you share this picture in the social media or the Google web album and some click on that photo, It will show the location as well. In this Article you will learn four different ways of Geo Tagging from your computer and smartphone.
1. Smartphone Camera
Most of the Smartphone’s camera apps have inbuilt feature to assigning a particular location to your photos. You don’t need to do anything, just go to your camera setting and turn on the “Location Services” and that’s it. After that, check the location setting on your smartphone system setting if the location is Off and turn it On. Next time whenever you take photos your location service automatically find the location and assign to your photo.
2. GeoTag Photos Pro 2 App
Geotag Photos Pro is a professional Geotagging solution – all you need to Geotag photos taken by your EXTERNAL camera (DSLR, mirrorless or compact one). It supports JPEG & RAW photos and its data can be used also with Lightroom, Aperture, Picasa and other photo apps that supports Geotagged photos.
It adds GPS location to your your JPG or RAW photos quickly and easily! Works both online and offline and there are version for any operating system – Mac OS X, Windows and even Linux.
- It is very simple just Download and Install Geotag Photos pro 2 and open it.
- Sync the Camera time because time in your has to match them in your phone. Make sure that the location setting on your smartphone system setting is On, if the location is Off and turn it On.
- Start recording a trip and take new awesome pictures.
- Finally, use your Desktop application or Lightroom Software to Geotag your photos
3. GeoImgr Online Website Tool
GeoImgr is a web-application to check the GPS geo-coordinates in the EXIF data of an JPG-image, show the location on the map and save new GPS geo-coordinates into the image. This website is very quick and easy when you are using your Personal computers.
All you need to do is to Upload a JPG image of a size up to 20 MB. Next, search for location in the search box provided on the embedded Google map. Place the Red Marker Location pin exactly where you want and Click the ” Tag photo ” button.
If the image contains GPS Geo-coordinates, then the latitude and longitude coordinates are displayed and the location is shown on the map. If you want to change that location follow above steps. That’s it, now you can Download Geotagged Image.
4. GEO TAGGING USING PICASA
Google Picasa is one of the best tools that can help you Geotag your digital photos even if you don’t have a GPS device. Make sure you have the latest version of Picasa, as it features many upgrades and enhancements.
- Download and launch the Picasa and make sure you have all your pics in one folder.
- In the Second step, Launch Google Earth under Picasa by clicking “Places Panel”, which looks like Red pin, at the bottom right. Now, you will see Google Earth being displayed right above the panel.
- Next, Search for the place you have been to in the search area. Google maps locate the address on the Google Earth.
- The Final step is Click and drop the Green Marker Pin on the map to mark your photo with that location. Fine tune your Location Green pin by simply dragging it around with your cursor. At last, click Ok button.
Once you click Ok your photo your photo is Geotagged with that Place. Now you will notice little red Pin on the bottom right corner of the image.
If you liked this post, you might want to check out some more information Geo Tagging. To learn more about how to upload Geotagged photos on Google Earth and How to create Google Web Album please subscribe to the newsletters.
Click Here for How to Add Photos to Google Maps .